Friday, August 14, 2015

Still on the Hard in The Rio

Well we are still here. Hopefully for only another week. They finally completed the sandblasting and have started the sanding. Next process is glassing and fairing as well as more sanding. Then applying the primer and paint.  As you can tell this isnt a normal bottom job. We decided that this poor boat wasn't taken care of prior to us buying her so we thought she needed the full treatment. She is pretty much all refurbished so might as well do the rest of her. 


These are pics of the area. This bridge is very famous 





Since they are finished with the sandblasting we decided to move back on the boat. We missed her and all our things. Yes I have to climb the ladder and use the restrooms for the yard but its worth it, what can I say I'm a sucker for her. Plus I wanted to eat my food again.  


This is where the boat is at

Owners of boats come and go in these here 

Scorpion in the room we were staying in
This is what happens when they come around me

This is what we do while staying off the boat, we watch them work on it 

Steve got cleaned up 

I kind of like the beard, he just needs to get a trimmer 





Ive been searching for other forms of transportation in case we are unable to sneak Schooner on the bus back to the boat. People around here have been great with a ton of solutions. I love being around fellow problem solvers. Thats how I see cruisers since we are always having to forage for supplies in new places every few months, especially in a foreign country and language. It sure makes you think outside the box. 




So we now have a little over two weeks left before heading back to the states. They better get the boat finished because we wanted to be in Guatemala City a few days before our flight to check the place out. This lifestyle keeps you living flexible. 


She is stripped down to glass

That is all for now, stay classy my friends



No comments:

Post a Comment