Monday, October 9, 2017

Less than Three More Months Until We are Home


Currently, I'm a mess inside, filled with so many emotions.  From anger, broken hearted, fear, anxious, nervous,  inpatient, and excitement.  A lot is going on around the world and it is on the news.. in our faces.. well i'm sure only some of it, but it is there.  

Hurricane Irma tore up the east Caribbean, fires all over the west North America, earthquakes in Central America, Volcanoes over in Asia.  Oh and the shooting all over North America.  And our friend Nike, of #WhiteSpotPirate had her kayak stolen.. 🙁.  Last year our friends of #calmseasgentlebreeze lost their dinghy to theft as well.

Schooner and her new mini me toy

Celebrating a good friend of our's 92nd Birthday


Our hearts go out to everyone around the world suffering from something beyond their control.

All of this makes my heart yearn for our life on Saga Sea.  It isn't because I feel safer there, it's because IF I'm going to leave this world I would like to be in a content state, not in limbo.  I feel there is no such place as “safety” until I get to Heaven.  I have become an anarchist to all form of government and organization because I have found the human nature is to be selfish.  I am only loyal to my God, who wants me to follow whatever laws are set here in this world.. so I will do my best at refraining from injuring others that I feel have done myself or others wrong.  Believe me that is a constant personal battle for me.  

Ok enough of that.. ill step off my pedestal.

My lil GMan (Gingerbread Man)


So, what have we been up to besides counting the days until we return home.. well I've been working on completing a certification to teach english as a foreign language online, TEFL.  It is 150 hour course online.  I would like to complete it soon and find a company to work for before we leave so I can work any issues out before we return home.  

Steve and his mother's Sunday Nap


I also wrote an article about our life for an online house sitting magazine.  That was exciting and scary.  It also pushed me to improve my writing.


I'm really excited about house sitting in Europe next summer.  I'm trying to learn and prepare for what we will need to know.  I'm meeting so many experience sitters who are teaching me a ton of great stuff.

GMan at the Houston Zoo


Let's see, what else.. oh I finally completed my brother's Punisher blanket.. there is something wrong with combining crocheting and the Punisher.



Steve has been great with staying steady and finishing his contract to work until December.  He is also has put his foot into the trading ring with our friend, Pat Schulte.


I am about to torture him with a small family camping trip.  I have been planning a family reunion for my mother's birthday this weekend.  She passed away in 2012, we had just bought Saga Sea.  I sure wish she could have been around to see all that we have done.  I know she had a tough time visualizing what we were planning.  

Daughter on her first Archeology dig

Also, wish she could have seen our little GMan, Warren.  She would have loved him.  

Can you see the Bald Eagle 


Ok, so this month is the camping weekend then the last weekend of October, we are driving to Florida to ship all our supplies to Guatemala.  It will be a nice get away.  



We can't wait to get it all on Saga Sea and play with all the new toys like the hookah.  



I guess that is all for now my friends.. please be good to yourselves and OTHERS.



Smooches 😊

1 comment:

  1. That's really neat that you're doing TEFL. That will be a handy qualification to have. You must be so excited as the days tick on by and you get closer and closer to getting home to your boat.

    ReplyDelete