Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Rain in the Jungle

What do you know, it is raining in this Guatemalan jungle, but it hasn’t slowed Steve down much.  He seems to be able to juggle socializing and rigging like a professional.  He has finished replacing all running and standing rigging as well as all the life lines.  He has also replaced the sump pump for our shower, put up the new suncover and has been my taxi driver.  



We had a few days last week where the rain caused him to stop all work outside.  On those days we accepted an invitation to join 9 other cruisers at the Monkey Bay Jungle Cabin. We were fed and entertained in a lovely cabin where all but me passed out happily.  Schooner and I had a lovely tumble down the stairs from the loft.  Hahah  bruised up my arm but I am alive and well.  I found it hilarious since I was the only one who was sober, yet I manage to fall down the stair.  Anywho, it is a lovely place and I highly recommend it as a rental if any of you land lovers need a place to stay down here.  



Other things going on in our lives of any interest is I am kind of cat sitting.  A couple on a boat in the marina next to our’s needed to travel to Guatemala City for medical treatment.  I volunteered to check in on their cat, Florentine, while they are away.  Steve is my taxi driver a few times a day so that I can clean the cat box, feed her and give her some attention.  Florentine is a well traveled French cat, much like Schooner.  She has traveled by land, sea and air all over the world.  She has been a pleasure to visit with each day on her lovely boat.



We are almost ready to push off the dock and head over to have Saga Sea hauled out for a quick bottom job.  Then we will watch for a good weather window to head to the Honduras Bay Islands.  I am looking forward to getting some sea air through the boat to completely air her out.  




Oh I guess I didn’t really talk about the new sun cover and cockpit cushions we had made.  Steve is in love with a fabric called Weathermax.  He has used it for a few things aboard and decided to use it for a few more items.  We shipped the material here so we can have the upholstery guy here that made our cap rail covers make the sun cover and cushions.  We have some material leftover so we will see what else we can replaced. It really is a great product, very durable, water resistant and easy to clean.





Well the sun is out now, I need to get my herb seeds started and fix some lunch.  Until next time my friends, be good to yourself and OTHERS.




2 comments:

  1. You found a good one with Steve :-) That cabin looks so cool and I'm a bit jealous that you get to do some kitty sitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I'll keep him around for a bit longer 😁

      Delete