Tuesday, March 27, 2018

We are off the grid

We now make our own water! Yeah! We make our own power and water so basically self sufficient. How awesome is that?
Steve and Schooner Sailing
Friends boat SV Syrinx

My Herbs

Steve has frankensteined a RO watermaker from using one of these survivor 35 desalinator and a motor. It draws very little power and makes about 1.5 gallons an hour. So not a lot but enough. Tastes so good. There seems to be many cruisers using this same system.

At The Reserve Marina



We have enjoyed our time here in Belize.  We don't enjoy the cost but enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones.  We have stuck around Placencia and Sapodilla Lagoon. There is a new marina, well one that has been in developed for years in Sapodilla Lagoon. They have finally opened the bar and store so it makes it a great protected area for cruisers. Oh they also have self serve machines to wash laundry. They have been very welcoming to all of us cruisers.

At Anchor in Placencia



We are heading to Isla Mujeres. Which is one of our favorite locations. Our daughter, Samantha, and her boyfriend are flying in for a visit mid April. We are looking forward to the visit and to finally share our world to one of our kids. Neither of them have ever experienced what our current lifestyle is like. So this will be exciting.  
St Paddy's day parade




They have visited us when living on the boat in a marina before leaving the states. But never have they experienced what life on the hook is like. I have to admit, I am also nervous.  Not sure why I am nervous they already think I am crazy.. hahah



Well I guess that is enough for now. Of course, once again I will have to push my grandson's pictures on you.  Oh and remind everyone that I am freelancing as a remote bookkeeper and virtual assistant, in case anyone is in need of some assistance. You can contact me directly or here.





Remember to be good to yourself and to OTHERS


3 comments:

  1. That's will be fun to have your daughter and her boyfriend come visit. It will be interesting to see what their reaction is to your cruising lifestyle :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.. cant wait to see them and share our new lifestyle

      Delete
  2. How awesome to have your daughter come aboard your lifestyle. I bet it will be incredible.. All my best wishes for you time together..

    ReplyDelete